We frequently get questions regarding exactly which documents the SESPP volunteer is responsible for signing. There are often multiple consent forms, permission slips, and authorizations involved with each student’s educational experience, and not all of them fall under the authority of the SESPP volunteer. These are the ones that do:
- Consent for initial evaluations, re-evaluations, and/or independent evaluations.
- Accepting or rejecting the IEP, including amendments and placement pages.
- Permission forms allowing a Team member to be absent from a Team meeting.
All other forms should be directed to the student’s social worker. This includes:
- Enrollment forms
- School related consent forms (i.e. field trips, pictures)
- Consent for referral packets to be sent to collaboratives or day schools
- Medicaid or MassHealth authorizations
- Chapter 688 referrals
- Forms related to regular education and 504 plans.